Friday, February 8, 2008

Year of the Rat

I am happy that I won't be having a baby in 2008. The year of the rat just doesn't sound good. And I believe in late winter and early spring babies, anyway...

We had a Chinese New Year celebration yesterday. Which really means, I found a great reason to visit our brand new drive through Panda Express! I love, love, love that orange chicken! Afton and I made lucky envelopes and decorate them with red and gold. Then we wrote little notes to Patrick and tucked them under his pillow to find. We also found out what animal each of us, by our year of birth and talkd about how we are like that animal. Is it any surprise Abel was born in the year of the dog? (Tonight as I tucked him into bed, with his snuggle puppy, he was barking and woofing away!)


My kids try and eat every meal with these kid-friendly chopsticks. Abel loves that he can really use his now.

And this happy photo should leave little doubt in your mind that Afton loves the chopsticks and the food!

I love winter holidays that chase the cold away!

2 comments:

christy said...

chinese new year is a great way to not cook, and feel celebratory at the same time! we tried a newly recommended chinese spot, the only thing it has that our last fave doesn't is that they will deliver here!
toran and i are both dragons, glenn is a rabbit, ciela a tiger, cabes and afton are sheep, and of course haven is a puppy! mom is also a dog, and dad is a rat so watch those negatory rat comments!

kelly said...

Chopsticks? I think I'll stick with the forks.(per my blog post) I could use a pair of those for myself though.