Friday, February 8, 2008

our week

Patrick is slammed again at work, so I really had immerse myself in the real world of structured parenting this week (which means I had to put down the awesome books I've been reading thanks to Christy's recommendations and mailings. If you haven't read the Twilight series yet, stop whatever you are doing now and BUY them. And you know that I don't condone buying books, so I must mean it. They are that good. Ask me I've read them 4 times in 5 weeks. And I just finished reading a sad and wonderful book These Is My Words. It's the first book for MY BOOK CLUB I started. Anyway...back to the story).

We had quite a bit of fun with our planned week.

We made magazine collages and stuck the picture treasures on contact paper.

Abel worked really hard to sticking his pictures down just right.

Afton is mastering her scissor skills.

Abel took this photo during a moment of fun. I love that digital cameras give my kids the freedom to take a bazillion photos.

Abe and I made a garage for his cars during one of Afton's preschool days. He loved the garage for cars and for a superhero hat.

And here is Afton, fresh from a morning of preschool, which she adores. She has been the "star student" two days in a row. I'm super proud of her!!


We joined the community rec center last month which has been a lifesaver for my backside! I love having a gym to run and lift out my stress. The kids LOVE going to the awesome indoor pool each week and sometimes on the weekends when Patrick is home and they love the play center too. In the summer we had prepaid access to each of the pools in our city so I'll be taking some of my Mom's advice and spending as much time as possible at the pool with my kiddies this summer...which is the best thing I can think of doing every day in the summer. I wish summer started tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I wish summer started tomorrow too. I love spending hot afternoons at the pool with some popsicles and happy kiddos!

christy said...

the abel garage shot is priceless! frame that one up!

oh, summer! we are far from that here. currently we are at 0 degrees, with a windchill of -10. fun times here! although, i do love summer more now that i have experienced serious winter time!