Thursday, May 22, 2008

2 week update

WOW, it's already been 2 weeks since  my surgery.  I've made a lot of progress in the last week that has made moving around and becoming more independent  easier:
  1. I stopped wearing my ginormous brace.
  2. My pain decreased enough to stop taking painkillers.
  3. My fat swollen leg has diminished a tiny bit, enough for me to crutch around without getting dizzy.  So I can make something to eat or pick up a few toys or throw a load of clean clothes on the floor. (All of these things take me 10 times longer though!)
  4. I can bend my knee enough to get into the car, so my father-in-law took me on an out-of-house adventure yesterday.
  5. I can get up and down from the floor and grass!!!  This is my favorite!
  6. I can sleep on my side a little bit each night!!!  Second favorite!!
  7. And I got a handicap parking permit.  Awesome.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can't believe you had surgery! I wish I could be there to help you, you poor thing! Sometimes bed rest is nice but not for that long. You'll be in my prayers for a quick recovery. That is awesome that you get a handicap parking pass though! I love your tip spot blog too. I read that often. You and Christy have some really good ideas! Thanks!