Wednesday, May 14, 2008

lesson leanred

Yesterday was a bad day.  I went in for my post-op visit and got some stitches taken out, got a good look at my knee (good thing I didn't eat lunch because it wasn't pretty) and had to bend my knee.  My doctor assured me I could bend it further, I assured him I could not.  He bent it anyway and I cried.  It was like being in the transition phase of labor, except that the pain never ever ever went away for the rest of the day!  

The good part was I got a protective bandage for my incision area which meant a shower could finally happen.  Except that when I tried to take a shower and removed all my layers of protection, the pain and pressure made me almost pass out.  And I can't think of a safe way to get into the shower anyway.  

I did manage to wash my hair in the sink (so glad I learned this skill well as one of 5 girls in a family of 6 with 1 bathroom) though.  That made me happy.

And painkillers.  I appreciate the quiet floating feeling after too much pain.  

And now I'll stop whining.

2 comments:

Mumsy said...

I'm so sorry!!! I've been thinking about you and I hope you heal quickly. That really, really bites!

kelly said...

Oh geez, you have every right to complain a little! mean ole doctor...hope the pain eases soon.