Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Full Weekend

Hooray! I'm just getting ready to finish off a lovely full family weekend. It was awesome to have Patrick home without him needing to accomplish much work. We watched 2 movies, hit the park, Patrick organized the garage, went out to dinner, played games...you know the stuff regular families do every weekend and ours gets tickled to do every few months.

I'm so happy when my kids are so happy with a trip to the park. Patrick got Abel laughing really hard, which got Afton and Patrick and I laughing really hard, with a silly thing he was doing when he pushed Abel in the swing and I savored that moment. Sometimes I get caught up in making elaborate weekend plans but it's those really small moments that are deliciously fun. And those are the moments everyone remembers for a long time.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I know how you feel! Steve isn't home on the weekends either. I can't remember the last time he had two days off in a row! I'm jealous! What movies did you watch? I love spending our evenings watching movies together when we can. It's so relaxing. Also, I was looking at the rest of your blog and love the idea of having a theme for each week! I'm going to start that! What are some other themes you've had and what activities do you do? We'll need to talk! I haven't emailed you a time yet, but anytime is good, but after 8:30 at night is best! I love your new blog too. You inspire me;)!

kelly said...

I too understand the no normal weekend thing. There's something to be said for a feeling of ordinary. There's also something magical about dad's.