Wednesday, January 16, 2008

signs of a good day

Yesterday was not my day. Actually, my day was pretty good up until 4:00 and then the winds of change blew in. My yeast failed to rise the bread dough. I spent 20 minutes chopping fresh veggies for my potato soup, only to discover I was missing 2 main ingredients for the soup- butter and milk, neither of which has a good substitute (because powdered milk is only acceptable in baked items in my little opinion). So dinner was out the door.

Then I got the energy to repaint a wall that needed a more durable finish. I painted it, touched up part of the dining room and started painting the last wall in my kitchen. When I was down to less than one foot left to paint, I peeked over at the touch up spot and realized the color wasn't drying to match the original. I ran to the closet where my paint cans are stashed and sure enough, I guessed the wrong color when I bought the newer finish. Crap, crap, crap.

I knew today was going to be glorious when I found these for 12.00 at Target. Nothing can ruin my day when my feet are happily wrapped in these pretty things! I love 'em so much that I don't mind if you go and buy yourself a pair. You deserve a happy day too!

5 comments:

Tara said...

I'm going to Target tomorrow!

SaraColorado said...

I love those shoes! I may have to go and find some too! Hope you're well!

Lisa said...

love target -what a great find!!

kelly said...

Thank goodness for happy endings. I never would have thought those shoes would look so cute on!

Angie said...

...ok I just have to say this, but what size are your feet? Cause maybe it's the angle but they look really small...or maybe I'm just used to 11's...