Monday, January 21, 2008

Making the most of the cold

As I work up acceptance of real winter (Richmond gave me a nice two year break from real winter), I'm digging up new ways to have fun with the snowy cold. Last week Afton and I did a winter segment for preschool. It was fun to talk about bigger concepts like condensation, and how igloos work.

Afton loved the snowman craft, made by licking and sticking marshmallows.


Coloring the snow was also a bit hit.



(spelling her name)

As a side note, Afton is doing really well with math. I always felt math was a bit beyond my grasp, and I don't want Afton to have the same experience so I am constantly finding fun ways to involve math in our learning and in our everyday activities.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Cool ideas! I'm thinking of letting Pria experiment with things to freeze, since that's all it can seem to do lately.