Monday, December 3, 2007

Home Tour: kids room

I thought it was about time I showed off out little home. I'll kick this tour off with the kids room. I love it. The kids love it. Patrick wears sunglasses in it. I wanted a gender neutral color but not green or yellow. Orange it was. I dedicate the color to my younger sis who loved orange as a child.



Afton has her girly pink touches with the bed and the tulle draping over her headboard. Abel has absolutely nothing within reach and still has fun stuff on his side. I added the yarn dots to the curtains, then embellished with tulle (can you tell I adore using tulle). I've spotted hanging yarn balls in a few places and was excited to recreate them for the room also.


I'd still like to update Abel's crib bedding, but the is spent for now! And when Patrick is home for a few days over Christmas, I'm going to have him draw portraits of Afton and Abel for the wall the headboards share. But other than those two elements this room is done!

7 comments:

kelly said...

Love love love the orange! I was thinking of that for Easton as well. Aw, crib bedding, he'll be out of it soon anyway, right? I love the pink bed as well. Super cute curtains. Were they premade and you stuck them on? Fun fun. Great ideas Liz!

liz said...

I totally love the orange 110%! Nice work- fun and happy and creative. makes me want to paint.

I want zane's room to be roange and brown when we own.

liz said...

...and orange too. with the roange.

Lizzy said...

no...abel will be stuck in the crib for at least another year! i cannot imagine him mobile during his sleeping hours.

Angie said...

Hooray for Orange! I like it again...took me awhile, like 10 years...

Very cool room, you are the awesomesauce lady of decorating

Tara said...

This room is so cute and so fitting to AFton's personality. It makes me want to do something to Daniel's room.

Lizzy said...

thanks for the nice comments! I had lots of fun creating this room!