Thursday, August 30, 2007

a few funny stories

Afton is a very protective sister. The other day, I was getting the mail and Abel was wandering around the parking lot...too far away from me as far as Afton was concerned. She started hollering at him to come back and when he didn't listen she shouter "Abel Christina! Come here!" I guess those middle names are interchangeable when you are quite serious.

***

Afton often is done discussing a topic. On the way home from church last week, Patrick was asking Afton about her Primary class. She said "I'm too tired to talk about my class." Another common response is "My belly hurts so I can't talk about that."

***

Patrick was walking out the door to work one day this week as Afton was having a difficult time behaving. He asked her to behave then gave her a serious-raised-eyebrow look. Afton rolled her entire head, then her eyes and shot him back the same serious look...twice just to prove she could take him in a facial expression standoff!

***

Abel learned to sword fight last week from some older kids over for a play date. Now, he picks up a sword and yells "hi ya" and bonks you with it. Hi ya is actually what he calls the swords too. I'm trying to divert his bonking to the floor cuz his aim is improving.

No comments: