Sunday, August 19, 2007

Family Update

PATRICK was home 2 nights this week! And one was a DATE NIGHT! Wohoo! Patrick has also been transforming himself into a runner. It must be all that brainwashing, working on the Nike account, or his new Nike Plus doodad. Check out his running challenge here.

photo courtesy of Afton

LIZ was super crafty this week. I sewed two pillows with my beautiful fabric. Began painting our living room and managed to figure out how to bake cupcakes at high elevations without explosions or grittiness.

big smiles at the butterfly gardens

AFTON enjoyed a primary water activity, lots of popsicles and a play date with two boys that matched up so well with her personality. Afton seems to play better with boys since they don't usually want any of her pink stuff and she loves sharing her Bob the Builder stuff with boys who know how to play with them. Earlier that day,I had noticed a few ants crawling in the crack between the carpet and molding of the wall and was focused on getting rid of the pests. Afton informed the mom of the boys that we "had an ant problem" matter-of factly. Just another little thing that reminded me how grown up Afton is.

Afton also got to help me prep her new bed for painting. She scrubbed it, sanded it and even primed one side of the bed frame almost by herself. The motivation...painting it hot pink!

abel climbing thru the beehive at the butterfly gardens

ABEL loves to chat up the people sitting behind us at church. He stand up and gives his sweetest smile and says "Hi!" to anyone who makes eye contact with him. Today, some boys were playing peek-a-boo with him and he was so excited to get attention. He wanted to show off his family so she patted Afton's head and said her name, then patted my head and said "Mommy" then he put both arms around my neck and gave me a big squeeze. So sweet!

I got some time just with Abel tonight, since he took a really long nap this afternoon. He knew something was different and kept knocking on the door to the kids' room saying "sleep!" I explained that Afton was sleeping and he said "Why?" He too little for the "why"! Here are some photos I took of him tonight:


Abel also answers "yep" now. Upgraded from the "k" and "yeah" of previous weeks. And he learned to sing "di-e-go" from the cartoon Go Diego Go!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Nice picture Afton, you and Pria will be good photo buddies for sure.
I saw an ad for the Nike shoes with the plus thingy's...I couldn't ever buy one, but hey looks like they are fun and motivating for the people that have them.
Able is getting so cute, little blondie boy :)

Where's the photos of the blown up cupcakes?! That's something I want to see heheh