Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The New/Old Green Chair

Afton had a birthday party on Saturday, and somehow, Abel and I managed to hit 3 thrift stores during her party time. I was looking for a Woody doll for Able for xmas. No luck there. But I hit the thrift jackpot at out last stop.

This awesome green velvet chair, circa 1950 or so, came home with us for only $18!!! It matches my color scheme, provides another sitting option, and will be the nursing chair in a few months. Right now, Afton has claimed it as her reading chair and Able likes to see how many insane tricks he can get in before I remove him. Favorite feature: it reclines.

Patrick has already devised a new layout for out living room and dining area, which I'm in love with. Now I have space for all my crafting supplies (okay most of them) in the new storage console in the dining room (previously the TV storage stand, previous to that a dresser).

I'm on a bargain high! And I get $5 back at Target because Kung Fu Panda went on sale this week!!! I'm freaking out with savings joy!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Love love love it! I love that you can see the potential in things that most can't b/c it's not from a fancy store. I'm a bit jealous of yuor find-you've inspired me to hit the shops, although i haven't found one with good kids stuff yet...You're going to love that chair come March :)