Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No bears at school!

When I picked up Afton from school yesterday, her teacher asked the grown ups to wait in the hallway instead of outside since a bear had been hanging out around the school and the neighborhoods by the school. She told us the kids were pretty shaken up about not being able to have recess because of the bear. My first thought was why on earth did the teachers tell the kids about the bear? How about, indoor recess today guys! Afton was pretty intense about the bear situation until I told her the bear police had taken the bear back to the mountain.

After that drama fizzled out, Afton told me this about school:

"I had a really heavy heart at school today because a boy was acting wild and he had to put his head down on his arms on a table."

I don't even know where she heard "heavy heart" from but I thought it was pretty funny.

2 comments:

Ellen on the go said...

I agree, what was that Teacher thinking about? Glad you're very definitive in your answer. I like it. Go Liz

Angie said...

hahaha...well shows that you don't have to be smart to teach someone else i guess. good reply to her though