Monday, October 15, 2007

We made our first family trip to a real pumpkin patch this weekend. Afton and Abel had great fun picking out their pumpkin, almost as much fun as Dad and Mom had. Of course, the pumpkin patch couldn't just have pumpkins so the kids got the pet animals (which Afton bravely did and Abel had to be tethered back from doing too much), ring loud bells and beg to go on the rides, bounce house and get cotton candy. The parents held firm though (very aghast that pumpkin farms must have carnival attractions to ruin the fall splendor of choosing a pumpkin!) and we only did the season appropriate (aka free) things.






4 comments:

Kelly said...

That looks like so much fun! This is definitely my favorite time of year. Where is your pumpkin portrait? ha ha

Angie said...

They have rides now? hehe...I'll totally do the free things, and a hay ride (sucks that it costs...but meh) and I'm tempted to ask for your picture, but I'm reminded that I don't ever show up in them...so I'll refrain ;)

Lizzy said...

patrick was the videographer and i the photographer. wait for the movie version and you'll not only see me but get to hear my quirky comments!

kelly said...

Love the picture of Abel wiht the pumpkin. I bet you get comments everywhere you go about his blond hair. He's so big and cute!!