Saturday, July 28, 2007

weekend update

So sorry all you faithful blog checkers have been met with the same update for 2 weeks. I'm getting back on track!

PATRICK is busy busy and happy so. Somehow the stars aligned and he has two entire weekend days off! He turned 30 last weekend, which was celebrated with a relaxing family play day in our yard and a less than good meal at Outback. I am happy to report that my gift to Patrick got the highest marks.



I, LIZ, have been unpacking, organizing closets and tackling my first design project (happily so) by night and enjoying a new walkable park, yard, pool, and toy room by day. The kids and I ventured to Estes Park, a resort town inside the mountains. So pretty and so much cooler!

AFTON has been loving getting reacquainted with her toys that were packed away. She has been having quiet play time in her room or on my bed with her polly pockets or bob guys. Her reading skills are increasing and she is recognizing several words now by sight. Patrick brought her home a set of High School Musical Barbie dolls from work yesterday which she has been spending most of her time playing with. The dolls sing songs and she almost has the words memorized...which means Abel is also starting to sing a few of the words. Afton's favorite phrase of late is"HOLY SMOKES COW!!" makes me laugh every time!



ABEL is officially a toddler. He is all about exploring new stuff. Most recently this has been feeding himself with a spoon. Not my favorite exploratory stage but still cute to watch him put a spoon in a bowl and with great effort extract one small bite that makes him quite happy. His favorite activity is looking out the window for airplanes and shouting "Oh cool...airplane!" (which sounds more like "ah coo arpane"). He has added "shoo" (parachute), cereal, undies (taught by Afton) I love you to his vocab lately.





Whoa! That was a long update! come back soon. I promise more pictures tomorrow and throughout the week.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Glad to hear that things are moving along with you all, and hooray new pictures :D

Patrick's shirt looks very cool...I may have to check them out for Chris.